[A/S] Re: Airstream

I wonder how many trailers or motorhomes Airstream
would sell, If ALL the "ought to be", "shamefull that
they don't", "couldn't cost that much", "how dare them
not to", items were incorporated into each unit?

I seriously doubt that many would want to purchase
such a unit.

But, it sure would promote negative comments, and
probably great disbeliefs, as to "why" so much money.

Airstream does a "great job", building and standing
behind their products. They have the old Buick
philosophy. "When better trailers are built, Airstream
will build them."

How can we continue to complain and blame the
Airstream factory, for our own neglect and short
comings? They build quality products that many owners
abuse and neglect, and seldom take into consideration
the outcome.

It's amazing, how many people are buying vintage
coaches, to update, remodel and refurbish. They
usually purchase, at a price much higher than the
original selling price, a coach that was reasonably
taken care of. But they don't blame Airstream for the
lack of nice things or conveniences, they just get
busy, find out how, find the sources for the
materials, put in the time, and, get it done. Are they
pround. Absolutely. But more importantly, they, at
that point, could have incorporated all the things
that we talk about, but don't. The why is simple.
Money!! But they still are very proud of what they
accomplished, and rightfully so.

If we, in my humble opinion, stopped the incessant
complaining, and collectively put together
suggestions, and as a group submitted them to
Airstream to add, modify or subtract from production,
perhaps many of us would be happier. That's part of
what the International rally is for.

Feedback, presented in a positive way, is always
welcomed by Airstream, anytime.

Try it, you may find that you like it, because it does
work, not overnight, but it does work. I did, and I
love it.

Max