Re: [A/S] Airstream Heating Issues In Cold Weather

Arnie,
The fan isn't drawing outside air (at least not in my
Safari).  The humidity rise is due to the moisture
than are in the coils above the filter.  This moisture
is evaporated back into the inside air as the fan
continues to operate.  It's especially noticeable at
night when the compressor cycles lesss often.  You get
that cool clamy feeling where turning down the A/C
removes the humidity but then it gets too cool.  My
A/S is the second trailer I have owned that operates
this way.  I didn't realize how nice it was to have
the fan shut down until I owned my last trailer.  The
lower humidity was noticable.

I don't believe its an issue of the wiring not being
able to handle the startup (at least not in the newer
built trailers) since Duo-Therm builds units that
operate in this manner.  I really think its a $$$
issue and A/S chose not to go with a unit that
supports a thermostat/compressor shut off when the set
point is reached.

The other thought may be a feeling that a continous
air flow keeps the trailers from getting hot spots.

Jack