[A/S] Re: Radiant Heat

Hi, I think you have hit on all the negatives. I have a propane
catalytic heater in my 78. I like it alot. No power consumption and
no noise. I mounted it to a hinged plate so I can swing it aroud
toward the rear bedroom at nite. Another fella on the site said he
thought a 3" muffin fan would do well to move the heat around. I
haven't tryed that yet. I built a panel covered with old carpet to
close off the rear bedroom in our 31' AS. Than I only have to heat
the front 2/3 of the trailer. The catalytic heater will do the job
with outside temps down 20 degrees. I also tapped another thermostat
into the line for the main furnace. It is in the kitchen.  The OEM
thermostat is in the rear bedroom. I can set it for a low setting and
it will kick in only if the catalytic heater doesn't keep up. That
allows me to be out in evan colder temps. Thanx Arnie