[A/S] Canadian buying/parking airstream in USA?

Does anybody have experience or suggestions on how to do this:

I am a Canadian wanting to buy an Airstream in the US and leave it
parked there to be used a few months in the winter and stored the
remaining time. I don't want to drive it back to Canada for
registration since I wont be using it here and will park it quite far
from home (California and I live in Quebec). In general I won't tow
it except in and out of storage once a year. I plan on renting a
truck to do that.

I probably can't register it in the US since I am Canadian and don't
have a residence in the US or a US driver's license.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

  Patrick