Re: [A/S] Anyone use Trojan Batteries?

Chuck,
 Trojan batteries have a good reputation amongst the AE (alternate
energy) folks. They make them in all sorts of sizes, but most are 6
volts.

Using them in your trailer will require connecting them in series, so
you end up with 12 volts. You can reduce or maybe even eliminate the
need for venting if you use those "hydrocaps" that recombine the
hydrogen and oxygen back into water. They also dramatically reduce the
need for watering your batteries.

Although charging can be done with your present converter, those are
really kinda poor at the job. I'd personally recommend an Inteli-Power
converter with Charge Wizard. Camping World carries them, as does
http://www.rvpartsoutlet.com. They're made by Progressive Dynamics, and
(with the Charge Wizard) are a true 3-stage charger that will recharge
the batteries quickly, yet treat them with kindness over a long period
of non-usage.

My Avion (1973 25' Travelcader) uses 2 Group 24 batteries in a box under
the front couch. Although I'd love to have a pair of Golf Cart
batteries, they simply won't fit. However, I've done the usage
calculations and confirmed the math with actual experience, measured by
a Cruising Equipment eMeter, and I'm in very good shape. We can easily
go 3 days or more without running the batteries dead, and our solar
panels usually recharge them every day. (rainy days extend this time, of
course)

                                                 <<Jim>>