Re: [A/S] No Automatic Switch Over with Regulator

Hi Jim,

Gosh, I wish I was into the regulator; however, I'm into more mundane things
like trying to determine how the bottom of the propane tank is to be
situated.  There's square peg on top of the cross over between the "A"
frame.  The hold down post is in the center.  My question is: does the
square peg go inside the base of the tank or on the outside of the base?  I
didn't pay attention when I took it off as I thought it had to go to the
outside.  Now that I try to reinstall the tanks, they stand too far apart to
put the pegs on the outside of the base.  In some ways it makes sense for
the inside mounting so the tank couldn't possibly slip out.  However, that
makes the ring-around-the-tub, whoops, -base of the tanks to be only a
passive safety in case the tank jumps the square peg.

I went to the neighbor to look at his tank set-up and he had one inside and
one outside?

Unfortunately, the owner's manual only discusses the automatic valve! :(

Any help will be appreciated as I don't want to  cut the base out and try to
reweld it again.  Once is enough!

                                           '69 Safari, Joy