[A/S] Am I crazy

For 400 and some hard work and extra money you would have piece of equipment
that you could not replace probably for 10X the amount new.  Look at the
price of Airstreams, look at the price and quality of other new units, look
at how the other units of other manufactures look after 5 or 10 years - then
look at Airstream.

Bought my first one year ago July, 79 Safari for 6500.00.  Was in great
condition, and the seller is a fantastic person.  Since then my new wife, my
three Vizsla's, and I have used it a great deal.  In fact the new just spent
3 weeks straight living in it on our farm in Wisconsin.  She loves it.  She
was with me when we looked at other models from other manufactors for sale,
and listened to dream about owning an Airstream.  She now sees what I meant.
Wont even consider owning another manufactor at this point.  In fact if I
ever move up to a larger unit I still plan on keeping the 27' Safari for
trips.  My only complaint is I wish I had the dinette set on one side instead
of two sleeper sofa's.  (Ever try to sleep in the sleeper sofa with your
spouse and two 40 pound dogs???  Keeps you warm at night!!!!)

Go for it, or look for nicer model at more money, either way you will be
happy.
Jim