Re: [A/S] Replacing Thermo AND Re: Pulling Fridge Out

Cindy,
 The bulb and capillary tube are attached to the thermostat, you install
the control part and thread the bulb and tube (being very careful to not
kink it!) to where it goes into the fridge compartment.

Whether you can change it with the fridge in place or not "depends", it
might be easier to remove the fridge anyway. Again, "depending", that
can be somewhat difficult or quite easy. The Dometic fridge in our Avion
is held with either 4 or 6 screws through holes in the front, but we did
have to remove the doors, IIRC. All in all, it doesn't take but maybe 15
minutes to have it out.

The A/S that we had was another story, as it was bolted through the
floor, using bolts that were only 'somewhat' accessable. Fortunately, I
never had to take it out.

Do be sure to use 2 wrenches when you disconnect the gas line so you
don't twist the valve when loosening the fitting.

                                <<Jim>>