Re: [A/S] Airstream service in N. Florida?

Fred,
   We're going to chime right in here along with the others about Walt's
RV. We went there in April 2000 on our way out of FL heading back to the
Northeast.  We had three things done  and we spent about 4 nights at
Walt's before, during, and after.
1.  Preventive maint. on our rear end, he he, and have elephant ears
installed to help avoid the prevalent rear sag on the rear end of
Airstreams of that era and model(see below for detail).  We just love
how they handled that project.  They don't do the traditional elephant
ears fix.  Tom, b-in-law worker with Walt, did the rear frame
strengthening without making holes in the skin of our A/S. Thus, the A/S
 doesn't have the ear mark, pun pun, of elephant ears. ^G^  We were
quite pleased.  If anyone wants to know how this is managed, ask us...

2.  Shocks installed, re-packed bearings. Tom used the A/S brand and he
 told us there was no better shock than the A/S brand.

3.  And the BIG expense was going the way of the Hensley Arrow hitch.

Notes on 1:  Rear end sag and frame braking will quite possibly develop
in Rear Bath,  lengthy models in the era of late 60's to mid 70's A/S -
someone pls. correct me if I am way off on the period. This is due to
the inferiority of the frame used in that era, aka known as the Beatrice
years.

Cindy & Carl