Re: [A/S] F-350 -- Does Ford make Hitch Receivers

     I am not sure that all of this is accurate.......certainly not for the
original equipment on my truck.  I have a '00 F-250.  The original equipment
hitch on my truck is rated for 1000 tongue/10,000 max tow weight (with
weight distributing hitch).  My cost, from the original invoice (which was
then discounted, of course, by the dealer) was:

- Trailer Towing Package    70.00
- Trailer Hitch Receiver     150.00
- Camper Package           295.00
- Camper/TT/Diesel Credit  -60.00
     The transmission cooler and trailer wiring are not mentioned, and are
probably included in the Trailer Towing Package.  4-pin trailer wiring was
standard on all F-250 vehicles in '00.

     The GVWR for my truck is 8800 lbs.It has an eight bolt pattern.
     I do not believe that my truck (nor Hunter's) is built on a one ton
chassis.  We both have the camper package which cost extra.  This package
provides a Cargo Weight Rating of 2046 lbs, but I think this involves extra
spring leafs and perhaps frame bracing without adding anything to the
chassis.

     Please note that all of the above is original equipment.  Add-on
equipment is a different matter entirely.

-Tom