[A/S] air-conditioning and generators

Since you're pulling with a conversion van, you might consider permanently
mounting (and sound-proofing) a genset in the van - or - adding a PTO
('Power Take-Off') to the van's engine... a PTO would use the engine to
drive a separate alternator and produce alternating current... i've often
thought this might be a decent solution, if the tow vehicle were
sufficiently quiet and clean when idling...

On the Vintage list, one fellow has decided to eliminate all his propane
appliances, and is permanently mounting a diesel generator on the tongue of
his trailer, in place of the propane tanks. He's opted for diesel, since his
puller is diesel-fueled....

In my '48 Trailwind, I'm mounting the air-conditioning under one side of the
cafe seating up front, and a propane-fired 3600watt Onan generator under the
other.

Tuna