Re: [A/S] 12v Accessory wiring (vehicle)

Sure, you could do that Tom. That's probably what I would do. Then
put a smaller breaker or inline fuse to the accessory socket. Mind
you, I am not hung up on #8 wire. Thats what my small winch used. It
also depends on the length of the DC run. I imagine your winch will
be right up at the rear of your vehicle, so there would probably not
be a need for a long run nor to do anything other than use same wire
size that is on the winch. That way you won't have to get into wire
run, current draw of the winch, and such.

Steele