Re: [A/S] towing without brakes

When I bought our '66 Trade Wind and pulled it home, I "direct wired"
the brake controller and a wire from the negative side of the
battery, down the outside of the pickup to the appropriate wire on
the A/S (the negative is white... probably yellow from age) the
trailer.  I used a couple of red "wire-nuts" aquired for the purpose
(from Home Depot)and eliminated the old A/S plug. (daylight towing) I
then found the brake wire and connected it, also placed two
red "flags" on the rear.  For the first 4-5 stops, the brakes didn't
seem to work, but then started to work better at each application
there after(rust on the drums).  I pulled it 82 miles with lots of
caution and no problems.

Bob  :)
Reno  '66 Trade Wind    '72  F-250