[A/S] generators: how much is needed to power the air?

Hello tinfolk,

been following the generator thread with interest, as I'm about to spring
for one.
Question: What sort of size do I need to run the air, lights etc in my 26'
68 Overlander? I'd rather have a bit too much power than too little (duh).

I'm looking at the Hondas, Onan and Generac units but am open to any and all
suggestions. Noise is an issue, although I guess you could park the
generator a few yards away to lessen that issue?

Thanks in advance for any input!