Re: [A/S] Grand Cherokee and Safari

Hi,Here's another of those post you probably don't want to see but this
was our experience and how we solved our problemWe have a Ford Bronco,
full sized.  (Yes, quite different from a Grand Cherokee)  It's rated to
tow 7000#.  When we went shopping for an airstream we promised ourselves
we wouldn't get anything theBronco couldn't handle so we wouldn't have
to change tow vehicles.  We purchased a 1976, 25' International that
weighs 5500# when loaded and ready for a trip.  This combination is
awful.  The Broncois under powered and struggles with the trailer even
though it's 1500# under it's rating.  It's also an uncomfortable
handful.  If I get too close to passing semis they really push me
around, etc.,etc.....Here's what we did.  We kept the Bronco to run
around in.  We bought an older, low mileage, 1984 Ford conversion van.
It's a 1 ton with a 460.  It looks great.  It handles the trailer with
ease.  Itgets lousy gas mileage solo, but does better than the Bronco
when towing.  Here's the key, it was inexpensive enough I can let it sit
in the shed next to the trailer and basically only use it justfor
towing.  With the mileage it gets solo I wouldn't want to use it as
a daily driver.  My local car dealer says the auctions just about have
to give the older, large block, (460, 454) vehicles awayas there is so
little demand for them right now.  Just an idea.That's just one solution
(of many) to your towing question and only my opinion.Welcome to the
list and good luck,
Eric#949776 International 25'84 E-350