[A/S] boondocking

All of Harvey's advice was great.  Look at the "Pacer/Bambi" on ebay
under AIRSTREAM	right now (it is really a Traveler according to the
serial number)  It is very small, if you can live in that space with
maybe an awning and it has a rear bed.  The smaller you go, the better
chance you have at getting in and out of the places you are talking
about.  My 58 Traveler has a ball on the rear bumper.  I'd wondered why
and now I realize that, if you got somewhere you had trouble turning the
whole rig around, you could unhitch and then turn the truck around and
drive past the trailer and hook up again and go back the way you came
without getting stuck in a ditch.  I delivered my 56 Overlander to its
new owner last Friday and the road was like that and all the while I was
wondering what I'd do if I couldn't go forward any more.  A long way to
back up.  I think I might put a ball on the rear bumper of my 55 Safari
now, too.
Anyway, just some more thoughts on your quest.
Tom Walden