Re: [A/S] Tow Vehicle Rental?

FWIW: I think that average cost of operating a vehicle is over
$.40/mile. A tow vehicle would no doubt be higher yet.

A while back, I did a quicky mental calculation on cost of operation of
my VW Jetta Diesel. It gets very good mileage, I've done most of the
maintenance myself, and put 260,000+ miles on it, so depreciation is
minimized. Even at that, it came out to about $.30/mile.

If that delivery person has to bobtail in one direction, he's making
about nothing. I personally wouldn't do it for that without some real
careful calculations.

                                           <<Jim>>