[A/S] She's Home!

Well, my new 27' 1972 Overlander is now home. I towed it 45 miles
with my Suburban. The tires on it are shot, and only 3 would hold
steady air pressure. I stayed to the right and did 45 with a friend
following me communicating via CB's. That thing towed perfectly! I
couldn't believe it. Home safely!

Now that it is home, I have to start figuring it all out. A lot of
the characteristics are different than the mid 80's motorhome I
previously owned.

Big question. While plugged in to shore power, should the 12 volt
lighting be useable if there is no battery? I don't have a battery in
the holding compartment right now, and when I plug the unit in, none
of the interior lights work unless they are plugged in to a 120V
outlet. My motorhome would switch automatically. If I throw in the
battery, should they work? I'm assuming the shore power charges the
battery, so it shouldn't be a problem to use them while parked. Your
help would be greatly appreciated!

One oddity, that I had never seen before. There is a set of copper
tubing coiled up on the roof with what looks like an air valve. The
pipes run down to a pump set up in the closet next to the bathroom,
and the one copper pipe appears to be a water line. Is this some kind
of auxilliary hot water system? I posted a picture at the following
web site.

Once again, thanks for your help.

http://www.2youtoo.com/air1.htm

Barry