Re: [A/S] Re: WBCCI complementary membership

<snip>
>I got a packet of information today with a letter from the
> WBCCI Membership Director, Kathy Adams.  Here is what
> she wrote:
>
> "The information given to you about a complimentary
> membership was premature.  The program, if approved,
> will not go into effect until July 1st and the
> Airstream cannot be purchased before that time.  If a
> person qualifies, they will be sent a certificate
> entitling them to a free membership.  Sorry!"

We're not talking about a lot of money here, but IMHO it ain't about the
money -
it's about some really, really poor marketing/PR...
...And they agonize over declining membership/interest...sheesh.
When i'm WBCCI prez:
Membership'll be free for the asking.
All publishing'll be web-based, nominal subscription to access the web-site.

> So it looks like it will be up to me to spend the $$$.
>  Personally it would have been a nice touch since it
> is probably easier to get a renewal than the initial
> membership.  I guess I'll think a little more about
> the initial membership.  I assume I could attend a
> rally without being a member right?  Sort of a test
> drive before I buy?

Assume nothing - but, yes - you can get a 'guest pass' to attend a rally and
the exhibition hall, i believe.
I don't think they'll let your trailer into the rally-site, though. Seem to
be a disproportionate number of dyspeptic types in positions of authority;
although among the general membership, i've never met a friendlier bunch of
septuagenarians anywhere else in the world. That's not intended as an
'age-ist' remark... I believe the median age of WBCCI members was 73, a year
ago.

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
'49 Jeepster