[A/S] Re: Suburbans vs conversion vans

We have a 1990 B-Van which we have used to tow both our 25' Excella and 20'
Globetrotter.  We also have a 2500 Suburban that we use to tow the same
trailers.  The B-Van has the 460 Ford engine and the Burb has a 454 engine,
both have the same axel ratio.  I have also towed with a 350 Ford van "non
conversion" with the same Ford engine and axel ratio.  Being a van person I
found that I prefered the non conversion van for towing.  The B-Van, weighing
in at 9000 lbs, is my least favorite choice.  The Burb is the most
comfortable " my wifes choice" and tows almost as well as the non converted
van.  If I only had one choice of vehicles, I would have to buy the Burb for
it's comfort and towability. "and to keep the wife happy.

Don Perry
WBCCI #5031