Re: [A/S] Fantastic-Fans

Hi Al,
We did have a nice discussion of Fantastic vents on the phone this week. I
would like to sell you vents for your Airstream however as I said I don't
know exactly what size vents you presently have installed.  I believe
Airstream through out the years offered vents of different sizes. The 14" X
14" as standard and something else as optional. Unfortunately, I don't know
for sure what sizes you have.  If you have 14" x 14" openings, Fantastic
vents will fit without to much trouble.  As Hunter said, "They are not drop
in." No, they are not exactly drop ins, you have to remove a "smidgen" of
material at the corners on the roof and you might have to trim alittle of the
ceiling at the corners.  We are not talking a huge amount of work in removing
what is necessary to make a Fantastic vent fit.  Daisy mentioned she used a
hacksaw to cut the rounded corners of the original roof opening when she
installed her Fantastic vent.  Other tools that could be used are aviation
snipes, a small jig saw with a fine tooth metal cutting blade (if used, I
would put some paper or masking tape on the surface so as not to scratch the
roof surface with the jig saw foot), an air die grinder, or a file.  Doing
the small cutting or filing to remove the round corners is no big deal.
Ordering 2 vents and me selling them to you is a big deal if you have larger
than 14" X 14" openings and they don't fit. That was the basis of me asking
"what size openings do you have now in your trailer."  I just can't be sure
of what you have until you confirm what you have.
Al, I hope your foot surgery heals fast and you soon are out cutting the
grass and measuring your old vent holes:).  I to know what foot surgery is
like:(.

Scott
http://members.aol.com/adohen1/page/Adohensupply.htm