Re: [A/S] Nice Campgrounds

I have found the Trailer Life Directory, which you can also get on a CD
if you travel with a laptop like I do, coupled with the Good Sam Road
Atlas works wonderful. The Good Sam Atlas has a colored "balloon" dot on
the map everywhere there is a campground they have listed in their
directory. The red dots, and town names, have Good Sam discount parks
and services located there. You just look down the route you wish to
travel and see where there are campgrounds, then look them up in the
book or on the CD to get the details about the campground. I have just
completed planning a 5 month, 56 stop trip from Wilmington, NC to Alaska
and the Rocky Mountains down to New Mexico. I have at least one good
campground with a phone number for every stop along the way. This took
me a couple of hours on three evenings to work this out and put it all
in a spread sheet I can give to my house setter, and the Kids in case
they need to get in touch with us. I actually used the Trailer Life
Directory on line to do the work. I like the printed format of that
better than the one on the CD I have on the Laptop. I look up a town
that I am interested in on the atlas then plug the name into the web
page search page, and up pops all the campgrounds in and near that town.
You then click on the campground name, and up pops all the info about
the campground that is listed in the big thick directory.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624