Re: [A/S] Nice Campgrounds

Over the years we have found the state and national park camp sites to be
more spacious and private, although most without any hook ups. For long
weekends or lay overs they are perfect for us. Here in PA the state parks
have been electrifying many of the sites. When we go on longer vacations it
is nice to hit campgrounds with full hook ups (makes the natives more comfy).
I have also found that when choosing private campgrounds, I look at the # of
sites in relation to acreage, we have faired much better by shooting for a 1
to 1 ratio. When you are looking for a campground and see 300 sites on 40
acres with a pool, snack bar, play ground, fishing pond, fully stocked store,
teen game room, expect to become real close to your neighbors.
    Do you belong to a WBCCI unit? Our unit participates in several rallies a
year, those setting up the rallies have been around and we have learned of
many new campgrounds and fairgrounds that really can't be beat. Getting back
to your question, How do you find good campgrounds?  In short by asking like
you are.  What kind of camp ground do you feel is good, Good is in the "eye
of the beholder" I have friends that need action all the time. For me it is
Quiet, if we need to conserve water and battery power so be it. Are you
looking for a resort that offers all the bells and whistles, or a piece of
ground somewhere off the beaten track, or somewhere in between? Don't be
dismayed we all have been to campgrounds from hell-o. You'll find nice ones
you'll want to return to. Besides who has been sleeping in those beds in the
hotels anyway?

J.L. #4361