[A/S] Thanks for the tip

About 3 weeks back Hunter mentioned an ad she had seen in the Knoxville
newspaper listing two Airstreams for sale.  Well, I can report that one of
those two is now sold - to me!  After reading the ad I called Charlie Bell in
Knoxville and from his description of the 25' trailer and its condition I
realized I was serious about this one.  Susan and I spent four days (last
Thursday through Sunday) traveling from Lincoln, Nebraska to Knoxville and
back with about one hour in between to see the trailer and close the deal.
1900 miles round trip.  Now all I need is a tow vehicle!  Charlie has agreed
to let it sit for a couple of months until I can return.  Thanks to Hunter
for taking the trouble to pass the information along.

By the way, people at work just shake their heads when they find out we spent
four days traveling to buy a trailer!  Not too many would understand but I'm
sure some of you do.

Charlie will be towing the trailer to the local Airstream dealer in the
coming weeks where I will ask the dealer to check out it's road-readiness
before I arrive.  Tires are good so I will have the brakes, LP system and
general suspension checked.  I'm thinking about having the wheels and hubs
and drum assemblies balanced as well.  (read about this on another bulletin
board.)  Any other suggestions on what to have looked at before I pick this
up?  I'm a novice to this trailer business.
Gary and Susan Zook