Re: [A/S] Griffith RV Service In Oklahoma City, OK

Hello again Harvey. Back in the early 70's I was the only field rep for
Caravanner Insurance, a division of Airstream. Part of my job was to visit
dealers through out the country and teach them how to properly do body work
on the Airstream products. The Griffith family had a selling dealership for
the Airstream products, and the Service department was across the street, and
was headed by Tom Griffith, the son.
I found Tom, in the early 70's to be better than average with his knowledge
of the Airstream repair methods. I directed many body repairs to his shop,
because of their excellent work. I was able to offer Tom very few suggestions
since he already had a great knowledge. I am sure that if Tom is still there,
that his work would be equal to or better, if you wish, than the best. Since
I still stay rather close to the dealers that I knew back then, at least most
of the time, I have not heard any negatives about Griffith's shop. Many years
ago, Alton Abbott in Lubbock, did terrific work, but I understand that Alton
has many personal problems these days, but for some time now, he is no longer
related to the Airstream family. I do not have any knowledge about the newer
local dealer in Lubbock.     Andy