[A/S] airconditioner on my '73 Ambassador

Hello everyone,

For the past month I have been receiving digests and I am totally
convinced that you guys are the greatest!  I have copied out anything
relevant to our new A/S, soon to be picked up and can't wait to get
at it!!  It is a Canadian trailer and has no A/C.  I asked on the
list before we bought the A/S what it would cost to install a new one
and someone replied $1,000.  We talked the seller down $500 bucks on
that advice, so we thank you.

My questions:

Today's posts mentioned two folks who were removing their A/C.  Does
it create that much drag when you travel?  Unless you were certain
that you wouldn't travel to hot areas why else would you remove it?
Would it lower your resale value, or are they doing it to make their
trailer more authentic? That I can see.  I assume that they did not
come with A/C in the early 70's.

Should I have it installed in Jackson Center which is 50 miles away?
[sounds logical to me and they seem to have a great reputation]
Any advice on this topic will be appreciated.

We are planning to trade in our present 3/4 ton Ford truck for a 3/4
that has 4 wheel drive. We are looking for regular fuel, not diesel,
full bed [we have a great utility shell, and I figure that will be
our 'shed'.

Thanks

Barbara Bobo