[A/S] Re: unbiased opinion 5th wheel vs a/s trailer

Doc,
I have had both trailers and 5th wheels. It is definitly a personal
prferance for each individual situation. When our two kids were home
the 5th W/ slideout was my preferance. More living room and seperated
bedroom...better kitchen layout...bigger bathroom...more storage
with "basment stoprage". The illusion given of going up the stairs to
the bedroom /bath is really amazing in how it makes the place seem
bigger and more home-like.

Where you plan on going also makes a differance a 5thWh is some what
easier to maneuver, but a heck of a lot taller...pushes more air and
weigh more(fuel milage), but generally has bigger water and waste
tanks (then vintage trailers)...more road stabilty (standard hitches
compaired)...but require a bigger rig to tow. Be aware that the RV
dealer will say the rig you have will pull whatever he's selling you,
Don't believe it. All manufactures have a listing of towing
capasities and options required, follow them. I pulled a 28 ft 5thW
with 6'8" ceiling in bedroom and full roadside (kitchen and
livingroom slideout with both a chev 1 ton 350CI and then a 3/4 ton
GMC 454CI, weight within both truck capasities, and the differance
was ammazing. The 454 won out, but the gas was killing me. I ended up
trading in and getting a diesel motorhome. Now I think there's a
third choise for you to ponder.

Just mu opinion.
Vince