Re: [A/S] Deadbolt Installation: Lori

My parents have a 1974 24ft Argosy in which my dad installed a deadbolt in
the door frame. He used a lock from an RV place. It had a smaller diameter
bolt witch had been milled on two sides to make it oval. It is installed a
little below the regular lock. They have used it many years this way with no
problems. He put in the lock after a tip to the East in which they
encountered a bad pothole causing the door to fly open, flattening out the
door against the side of the trailer. So your fears are well founded.  Phil