Re: [A/S] On the road again

Thinking about it, I saw more of Austin than I planned. My friend who gave me
directions to the campground took me through the center of the city.  Let me
tell you, Bruiser and the silver twinkie were quite the head turners cruising
among the skyscrapers.

I saw the river and the bridge and took my left, only I was a block too soon.
 I had turned down into a dead end.  Uh oh.  That drew a small crowd, mostly
from the hotel that I was sitting next to. A Hyatt maybe.

What to do?  Backing up on to the main drag was out of the question. I
wouldn't have done that without the trailer into that traffic.  The dead end
had a little turn around, lightbulb shaped.

 A BMW was parked at 12 o'clock.  I slowed and started into the turn, but
couldn't make it.... I spent 1/2 hour backing and gaining a little more turn
forward everytime.  Back, forward, back forward.... the crowd was getting
larger, must not be much action midday in Austin.

Finally, I thought I had it... and a Fed-Ex truck parked right in front of me
which left me hanging until the driver returned... he left and I took one
last maneuver and pulled out of the dead end.... to applause. LOL

So, I saw a bit more of Austin than I had planned on. Loved Austin, if I
*had* to live in a city that would be the one.

My last two computers were born there too.

Hunter