Re: [A/S] Re: Tow Unit ?s

Terry,

> >If I have to go to the E250 or E350 (3/4 or ton van) my options
> >are sharply curtailed in the used conversion van market.

This has been my experience so far.

My reaction to that sentence: Who says so? Where is the evidence for that conclusion?

> Each year, we visit at least 35 resort type campgrounds for a few days to a week. In almost all of
> them, there are tow vehicles for sale. Where there's a van for sale, I pay particular attention -

Unfortunately with only two weeks of vacation per year I'm unable to visit so many campgrounds per
year.  Of course if any of you might see a unit that might fulfill my needs please feel free to pass the
information along.

> The same type of vehicle is frequently found at the WBCCI International Rally and used as a trade-in
> by WBCCIers who routinely trade every three years. Some excellent buys can be found there.

Again, Unfortunately wheat harvest falls at exactly the same time as the international rally.  We're in
the harvest field.

> Then, there's Chaprell Dodge in Ada, OK (800) 880-2427 who is widely known throughout the 50,000
> member Escapees RV Club as one of the most knowledgeable truck dealers whom RVers can trust. His
> used truck lot has dozens of excellent tow vehicles.

Thanks, great information, I'll probably give them a call monday.

> Then, there's the Foothills (a boom town area) of Yuma, AZ  where new lot owners are scrambling to
> sell their RVs and tow vehicles at rock bottom prices. If I was serious about buying another tow
> vehicle, one option among several is I'd fly into Yuma, get a motel room, call a taxi and spend a
> few days deciding what to buy. If I found a truck and bought it, I'd register it and drive it home.
> Even with the cost of the trip added to the cost of the truck, I'd still be ahead of the game.

Again, it's the two weeks of vacation limit.  But here's idea.  There are two retired couples from our
town that are down there right now.  I'll probably get in touch with one of them.

> Eric, these 3 alternatives are common knowledge among serious RVers. They are only the tip of the
> iceberg of options. There are hundreds more that RVers know and use.

I thought I was serious just not as experienced.

Thanks for the ideas,
Eric