[A/S] Re: transmissions & towing

     I realize that healthy skepticism is part of this, and I am not
surprised you question my statements.  The professional I spoke with
has been in the business a long time and was recommended to me by my
neighbor, a trucker who is cynical about everything.
     I still recommend the skepticism with the note that my source
told me all this as a way for me to avoid using his services later.
I have not seen the exact configuration of my tranny, but he
explained the overdrive is more of an external system which is too
light for the heavy service in my loaded truck, and that he has seen
this problem too often for it to be a fluke.
     My 'hunting' tranny is a sign of wear-not surprising when you
consider the truck has over 160,000 miles, and was once used to haul
truck tires-and I don't think I mentioned the point about wear
before.  I know from reading everyones posts that you are all very
knowledgable, so I offer my information with all due respect.
P. Titzer