[A/S] Atwood furnace acting wierd

Hopefully someone out there in the Airstream knowledge pool can help us.

We are spending Christmas this year in our Stream and is the first time that
we have been camping when we have needed to use our furnace at all.

We have a '99 Bambi and so the furnace is fairly new.

For the first couple of days we could set a desired temperature and the
furnace would start. When the temperature dropped, and when it reached a pre
determined heat level (72 degrees) it would kick off as it should.

Now the furnace will come on when we initially move the thermostat's On &
Off switch to On, will operate until it reaches the pre-determined heat
level, will shut off after the fan cools the unit but when it is supposed to
come back on (when the temperature in the trailer drops) the fan comes on, I
can here the electronic lighting device click rapidly as it normally does
but the gas will not catch the spark and light.

The electronic lighting device will try to spark the gas up to three tries
(cycles?).

The fan runs continuously.

The only work-a-round that I have found is to turn the furnace off at the
switch on the thermostat and then turn it back on again after a couple of
minutes.

If I do this the furnace will light during the first or second cycle of the
electronic lighting device as mentioned above.

This morning I tried an experiment and set the temperature to it's highest
point on the thermostat and it did light the second time (cycle).

Problem is we have a Bambi and don't like the inside temperature to be above
72 degrees. My experiment took it to 85 degrees before we had to shut it off
with the thermostat's On & Off switch.

I have the feeling that it might be the thermostat. It is an Atwood
Hydroflame model.

Any insight to our problem would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays.

Silsby.
Formerly an Airstream list server lurker.