RE: [A/S] Airstream lite

Airstream made a light trailer in 1977 thru at least 1979, an Argosy
Minuet. It was a 20ft unit,  8"narrower (at 7'). My 1979 brochure
indicates it weighed 2450 lbs.  The interior heigth was 6'4" (3" lower
than standard) and exterior was 8' 5.5" (4.5" shorter then standard full
size) . Ground clearance of 16" was the same as full size units although
axle clearance was about a quarter in less, at 12" . My recall is they
had a somewhat lighter frame.  Whole idea was to reduce weight.  If you
remember that was the period of "Opec" oil boycott.  In my 1979 brochure
they show three minuet models, 20', 22' (2725lbs), 24' (3720) . Minuet's
had an 18" hitch ball height as opposed to the 19.5" listed for full size
units.  Perhaps due to a smaller frame?  I would not be surprized if
Airstream built some of the unpainted units although I have never seen
any and I am not sure Airstream built any Minuet's after 1979.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com