Re: [A/S] Re: Dodge diesel with standard transmition.

Suit yourself...... it's no urban legend though.... I know too many people
who have had to replace GM transmissions.....

<< You may want to shift the transmission to THIRD (3) or, if necessary, a
lower gear selection if the transmission shifts too often (e.g., under heavy
loads and/or hilly conditions).">>

I think this says it all..... if you tow a light trailer and live in
Florida...no problem..... I towed my 21 footer with my Suburban on flat
ground and it started acting funny... I remembered all the advice about
3rd... switched and never had another problem. Now mine was a 1996 so maybe
that's what you call older hardware.  Much discussion about this on the RV
newsgroup.... those in the know said to always tow in 3rd.

Remember I was prompted to write that in resonse to the original poster's
comment about a neighbor on the third transmission in a nearly new
Suburban.....

I was just warning people about something I know to be a problem.... like I
said, suit yourself.

Hunter