Re: [A/S] Why I am looking for plug ends.....

Nudog (do you have a real name?),
 Any decent cord should be able to carry current up to its rating, the
danger comes from overloading it. If you're to run an electric heater, you
should have a cord that's #12 or heavier. However, if you're going to heat
with your furnace, you need a cord that's able to carry only a few amps, a
#16 should be sufficient. You should already have a voltmeter plugged into
one of your outlets to protect your A/C from insufficient voltage;
monitoring that will tell you if you're in trouble with a light cord when
NOT running your A/C.

I installed a twist-lock "Bulkhead fitting" in my trailer, so I can easily
disconnect my heavy cord for easier stowage. Then, I made up a very short
pigtail with a matching twist-lock receptacle and a standard 15-amp 115VAC
plug; I think it's #16 wire. When at home, I use this and a regular ol' #16
orange cord so I can run the fridge, charge the batteries, use a vacuum
cleaner, or whatever without having to drag out that monster shore power
cable.

One of the biggest dangers of overheating comes from poor connections, not
necessarily the size of the cord itself. You should always monitor all plug
connections for heat; they should never, ever be too hot to touch. Running
an electric heater can cause SLIGHT heating at a plug connection, but it
should never be more than very slightly warm. Remember that there will be NO
heating if there's no (or very light) load, you need to monitor the
connections only when pulling a heavy load, especially for long periods of
time.

                                                              <<Jim>>