Re: [A/S] Ford dealer says it should tow 6500 lbs ??

Hi Gang,

I'm following this discussion with interest.  As many of you know I like more
power than I need.... and I love my F-259 w/PSD.

Got into a discussion of the Fords last night at the ice cream social... Two
guys, both with identical Ford F-350s with the PSD.
Both pulling approx 16,000 pound fifth wheels..... Waaayyyy overloaded. <gulp>

One guy says he's gonna sell the rig because it struggles on every hill....
(I bet) The other guy says his pulls great up hills.

The difference is the second guy has a chip in his.

Of course their driving habits could make a difference, maybe one makes a
running start to the hills I don't know. I just thought it was interesting
that almost identical rigs performed so differently.

It was also pretty funny, one of the Ford owners is retired from GM.

Hunter, at the Escapee Park in Raccoon Valley, TN