[A/S]How to wreck a rally weekend (almost).

Sub titled "Inter cranial Flatulence"

On the way home from the NE Vintage gathering Sunday afternoon we
stopped to bunker up the Powersmoke at a self-serve station outside
Hagerstown MD.  Pulled into the aisle marked "Diesel", lined up with the
(faded) green nozzle, and commenced to pump.  Since Pam needed the
ladies, I suggested she inform the attendant that I was filling on pump
#7 and pay when I'd finished.  About three minutes (and 11.7 gallons)
later my darling bride comes running across the tarmac hollering, "Matt,
stop!  Number seven is GAS!"  Lo and behold there was another pump
behind the truck with a not so faded green handle.  Since we live in a
"vapor recovery" state any nozzle without a rubber boot around the fill
spout is diesel to me so I never cottoned on.

I will now postulate that God looks out for idiots and (56 year old)
children:

	A.  Pam mentioned that I was filling up "with diesel on pump 7"
	B.  The attendant caught the word "diesel" and remembered that pump 7
don't do that.
	C.  Ford Motor roadside assistance found a tow operator with a rig
large enough to tow our whole setup. (Pictures will be posted in files
section.)
	D.  The tow operator has had numerous occasions to pump out diesel
U-Haul trucks for renters used to using regular gas and thus was
equipped for the task.
	E.  The mechanic was available on a Sunday afternoon.

Four hours (and $387.00) later we were back on the road.  Whoever said
dumb is cheap sure doesn't know how to do it as good as I do!  Still
could have been worse without A,B,C,D and/or E above.  The engine option
was more than my first new car, and that's as original equipment.
Replacement probably would have added another 10 years to the mortgage,
while proportionally reducing my life span.

PS:  Can anyone figure why folks at the next truck stop looked at us
funny when we (both) sniffed the fill nozzle before inserting in
vehicle?  ;^)>

PPS:  Rally was great, 36 units (34 vintage), three KOA Kamping Kabins,
75 folks.  (Harley, help me out on the numbers here if I messed up,
please.  Thanks)
--
Pam, Matt and Darrell Worner
WBCCI, VAC, WNJU & WDCU #4971