RE: [A/S] ? Aftermarket Overdrives \ Underdrives ?

I have had two over/under drive units. A Doug Nash and a Gear Vendors. The
first was on a Muncie four speed. I liked it a lot, since the range of gears
was very good. The second was on a Dodge three speed automatic. With the
stall speed of the transmission being high, the unit really did not come
into play except as overdrive in the top gear.
With a new transmission, with lockup and overdrive, I do not see much
benefit to the over/underdrives (gear splitters, really)

With a five speed manual...what fun!
george, who likes to play with the gears, sometimes.