Re: [A/S] compressor

Bob,
 That sounds like you're getting prices from A/S. ;-)

Just for a point of reference, I paid about $250.00 for the air bag KIT
(brackets and all) for the rear of my Dodge truck, and about the same for
the compressor kit, including switch and guage. If you look in the Camping
World catalog, they have air lift kits for about the same, including outfits
with "super duty" air bags for large motorhomes.

I'd suggest you visit/call a place specializing in suspensions; we have an
outfit in Toledo, OH called "Toledo Spring" (imagine that!), and they have
air lifts of various kinds in their showroom. They can't be the only ones
around. I'd think that replacement air bags should run less than
$150.00/each, and the compressor around $200.00 for the bare-bones pump.
Remember that like everything else, A/S didn't make this stuff themselves,
they bought it from someplace. The trick is finding the identical
replacement, especially for the air bags. The compressor should be able to
be replaced with any number of units.

You also might want to see if there's any rubbing or interference that
caused the air bags to "develop holes". Although I suppose they do have a
finite life.

<<Jim>>