Re: [A/S] Re:waste holding tank maintenance, again

Glen
Black tank maintenance is not that big of deal. We use our unit 5-7 days a
week. Your home toilet uses 1.5-5 gal/flush. An rv toilet uses 1 cup to 2
quarts. If the tank is directly below the toilet you will be able to see the
level of the tank every time you flush. When it is 3/4 full go outside,
close the gray water valve and open the black water valve. When the black
tank is empty (time: 1 minute) close black valve and open gray valve (you
can leave the gray tank valve open all of the time just be sure to close it
before you open the black tank valve). Go back inside and flush the toilet
until you get 2 inches of water in the bottom of the tank. Add chemicals and
you are done. Use only single ply paper as it breaks down faster. At camping
world you can get a wand that comes with a hose that attaches to the sink.
It also comes with a tube that fits into the toilet to hold the unit open so
you don't have to stand on the flush valve while you rinse down the tank.
Use this once a month or so. I think that in order to install a home type
toilet you would need to remove the black tank and toilet. It could devalue
the unit.
Greg