Re: [A/S] restoration

Just installed a Fantastic vent on my '64 Safari- Square corners. I t was an
exact fit.
Instead of drilling out numerous rivets, I adapted somebody's advice about
chiseling them off: I used a good, rigid, sharp putty knife under the flange
and hammered it, which nicely sliced off all rivets. This done parallel to
the edge gets it done quickly, no damage to skin. After cleaning with some
fine Steel wool to get old sealant/putty off, it went in no problem. Silicone
and closed cell gasket screwed down with self-starting screws. All in all,
the job went easier than I though it would. Hardest part was balancing on a
HOT roof- put a plywood sheet & padding down first, this helps.
A quality product, which will certainly improve my ventilation. I just wish I
had it a month ago, while boondocking in CanyonLands NP.
Jere Potter, 1877