Re: [A/S] Univolt and Solar Power

Yup..that's it.  The folks at RV Solar Electric sketched it out so
that's the way the hookup is.  When I saw that the batteries got
dangerously low, I shut the system down and started checking.  It's
_almost_ a loop, but since there are separate batteries for the solar
panels and the 12VDC distribution, it's not quite complete.

The inverter isn't a combo...there is no charger.  Think I'll just
unplug the Univolt and put the extra panel and controller on....keep the
two systems separate. Then I can disconnect the line to the tow vehicle
too, since the single solar panel will keep things charged up.

"Why not connect the inverter output downstream from the Univolt on the
AC
side?"

There isn't any downstream side.  The Univolt is the last connection, at
the end of "General Circuit 1" as it's labeled at the breaker panel.

Gerald J. wrote that the setup requires that I switch off the Univolt
when running from the inverter.  That's what I thought after I checked
the circuitry. I'll do that until I get the time to remove it.

For Bob Kiger....the 12 volts from the charging vehicle doesn't go
through the Univolt.  It goes to the 12VDC distribution panel, and then
to the battery.

Great answers, folks.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I'm an economist, not an electrical engineer.  Lotta head-scratching
going on.

Roger
--
Roger Hightower