[A/S] Polishing question

After seeing RJ and Krista's unit, I've got a little case of polishing
fever.  For later, when the temps drop below 90 or so.

Anyway, my 31' Sovereign has about 95% of the clear coat intact, and
only about 6-8 sq. ft of oxidized aluminum.  The rest is just like it
came from the factory.

Once the clear coat is stripped, do I have to do each of the steps as RJ
describes on his website, or can I just use the fine grit?  This is a
_big_ trailer, and I'd like to not spend the entire winter on polishing.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
--
Roger Hightower
1975 31' Sovereign....WBCCI 4165....VAC