Re: [A/S] California - September 1, 2000

Hunter,
You have mentioned that you are going to turn East from about Santa Rosa.
Gasp!  How can you come all this way and miss the San Francisco Bay?  In El
Cerrito (may be Richmond there - they kind of twine together) there is a neat
dog park right on the bay that runs alongside the bay across from the Golden
Gate.  There is a very nice view and lots of people walk their dogs there.
Just a little further on is another dog park next to the Berkeley Marina.
For the El Cerrito site you would get off I-80 and go straight west on
Central and curve past the big Costco store until you came to a
circular/deadend parking area.

Trouble is I don't know where you could park the A/S overnite.  There are
some rv's that are parked all the time on the way to the park but I don't
think it is a place you could park safely o'night.  I believe you belong to
WBCCI = maybe you could stay somewhere in the San Rafael area and visit
members of the Redwood Empire Unit.  We still haven't joined but I intend to
do so soon. I would love to meet you and your family but may be leaving for
so. calif before you get to Santa Rosa or, even better, the SF bay area.

BTW, we stopped in the daytime at Patrick's Point (a state beach, I think)-
beautiful beach setting - great driftwood hunting, etc.  P.Pt is south of
Eureka - north of Trinity so unless you go inland you will pass right by it.

Another subject - isn't it sad that it's jerks like the guy with the pup who
are the type that buy pitbulls?!  It's the people who give some breeds a bad
name.
-Norma