The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] My First Tow: A Lesson in Fear

Phil,
 Once again, SEMANTICS. You're the one who first used the "not enough
hitch" phrase, implying that if you don't have a PullRite, Hensley, or
Reese Dual-Cam, you have "not enough hitch".

Obviously, your hitch must be rated for the expected load, and it must
be properly adjusted, but I don't think that everyone needs a $2500.00
hitch. As someone else pointed out, circumstances and setups vary also.
He used the extremes of a Bambi behind a 1-ton P/U vs. a 34' Limited
behind a CJ-5. If you're somewhere in between, you probably need a hitch
that's between the extremes.

I won't even get into your [paraphrased] statement "if even one child is
saved"..... that sort of thinking can be used to justify all sorts of
crap.

                                       <<Jim>>