The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] Riveting Experience

Back in Oregon, when my door blew open, all the rivets across the center of
the door blew out.  So I sent away for Olympic rivets. They are just over
2" long.

I bought a Stanley rivet gun and installed the right size "nosepiece" for
the rivets.  When I go to put the rivet in the gun into the hole, it won't
fit?  Do I need to drill the hole or am I doing something wrong.  When I
just put it up against the small hole it activates the riveting mechanism
but goes nowhere.

The door is fairly thick but not quite 2".  I'm confused.

Bob