The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] First time out supplies

I will be travelling to the midwest (Wisconsin and then Illinois) from
Cheyenne, Wyoming in August.  I approach the trip with some trepidation
because I will be taking my four children with, and my husband will be
staying home.  Our route is 80 out and then cutting up through Wisconsin to
Eagle River.  We have a reservation there.  On the way back I will be leaving
from Effingham, Illinois and taking 70 back to Denver.

My questions are:

What are essential supplies in terms of a tool box.  We have already
discovered that an extra cable between truck and AS is a must.  We lost the
original on our maiden voyage when it wiggled out of its housing; and

Are there any campgrounds that are recommended or not on the route.  I will
probably be more comfortable with pull throughs as my 8 year old does not
really have a feel for distances (is it an inch, a foot or a yard before I
hit the picnic table?)

Any and all information appreciated.

Thanks.  Orsa.