The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Hello Airstream List!

In order to stick with your tow vehicles tow rating, You might check into an
older Airstream as they were made lighter.  I've seen fifties and sixties
units that weigh under 3000llbs. for 22' models,  My 26' unit weighs
3600lbs.  I would definently go bigger,  My trailer tows easier than my
parents 1975 21' Globetrotter.  The older units cost a lot less and you can
find some that are restored for a third of the price of a new unit.
Vanessa
The Trailer Lady
'56 Overlander
videll@olypen.com