The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] more list, please!

In a message dated 7/18/00 4:46:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
cybeebe@netscape.net writes:

<<  Good Choice Vanna - I mean - Hunter!

 Whose list is it anyway!!!!>

It's from Saturday Night Live... the rude flight attendants (c:

< BTW, is there somewhere I can get the back issues of your travelog?>

http://members.aol.com/hhamp5246/roadtrip.htm

I got divorced and sold a big horse farm. Not sure where I want to settle
eventually, so this sounded like fun.... take the trip of a lifetime and see
the USA.  I have decided when I do get a place I will still live in the
trailer summer and winter... I'll be a part time fulltimer (c:

 <how you decided on trailer>

I was eyeing an Avion (by Fleetwood) fifth wheel....a 1993 I think.  I was
just looking around on the internet ...rvsearch I think and found a 1994 21
foot Airstream only 1/2 hour away so thought I would go look.  I sat in it
and bonded.  It was less money and I wouldn't have to buy a new truck...as I
had a suburban.  I would have needed a pickup for the fiver obviously.

I used it for a year(not fulltiming), was camped at Top of Georgia and a guy
had a 1996 wide body 25 foot... when I saw the layout I knew this was the
trailer for me... all the things I didn't like about the 21 were fixed in the
25.... and the wide body is nice.... they came out first in 1996... so I
started looking... wrote the list and told them.... sold my 21 and a listie
wrote and said one was in the rv trader coming out later that day.  I called
the dealer in Atlanta and bought it sight unseen.  I didnlt pick it up for 10
days..... by then they had gotten over 30 calls and had 5 checks backing up
my deposit!!!!  These 25' wide bodies are scarce...and the new ones are no
where near as nice as this one.

 <and tow vehicle (did I catch that you had a suburban, but it wasn't enough?
-
 and what are you driving now?)>

I drove the new heavier trailer home from Atlanta... home was South
Carolina... up and down the foothills... the suburban was struggling up the
hills..... so I sold it and got a truck that can pick up speed on hills....
some people say it's more than I need, but I love it... a new Ford F-250, 4
WD, crew cab... powerstroke diesel.

You can see the truck and trailer at:
http://members.aol.com/airstm2268/excella.htm

 <where is the home computer of the list? How do
 you get online etc, etc, etc,>

You can see the computer station on that website.

I usually get online in the offices of the campgrounds I'm staying in.  If
there is no access, like Bismark, I use my cell phone. I have a Nokia 6162,
AT & T One Rate, a 3Com cellular modem in my Dell laptop and a NOK6 cable.

Right now I'm in a friend's field and have a 100 foot phone cord plugged into
the house so I'm sending from the trailer.  I have to use AOL's 800# at 10¢ a
minute when I'm in the boonies and AOL has no local number (like here).

Yesterday I was out getting dinner and one of the cats signed me on..... 23
minutes.... at 10¢ a minute. (c:

Hunter