The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Refurbishing 1976 A/S

Thanks for the price list.  Now I can see what I am up against.  Took our
Airstream to Glenwood Springs this weekend for a night, stayed at Rock Acres.
 Very crowded campground, left and went on to Eleven Mile State Recreation
Area, almost empty, very cool (temperature wise, thank goodness), and quite
beautiful.  A/S made the trip over the passes very easily, not terribly
scary.  After maiden voyage I am in love with the thing.  Need to do a
substantial amount on the inside, and the standard
strip-clearcoat-buff-polish thing on the outside.  I think we will start with
the outside if only to be able to hold our heads up as we go about the
country.  People really look at these things!  Orsa.